Your Ad Here

Thursday 15 July 2010

Burkha ban!

I read today about this ban with mixed feelings. On the one hand a victory for womens rights and a free society. On the other hand a further decay of liberty and freedom. If I wished to walk down the street with pink foam hat on I should be able to, but by the same token its impratical and not a part of regular dress.
I heard an amazing statement from an MP on Sky News stating somethings along the lines of 'I hope we(Britain) follow the ban in France, the burkha has no place in British society'. Whilst I'm torn on this statment, half of me agreeing with and half disgreeing with it. He is right that the burkha has no place in British society, but then does homosexuality or Hinduism. No, so should they go to?
I think that if you disregard the root of this problem then you disregard the problem altogether. The problem is immigration on a mass scale, I'm not opposed to immigration but mass immigration on the basis of an expiriment called multi-culturalism is flawed and wrong. At the politicans own admission this expiriment has failed, but now we are left to pick up the pieces.
I don't know what the future holds but I know that it isn't paved with gold and filled with milk and honey.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home